Pharmacy Assistant (Fisher River Pharmacy) – Part Time Opportunity
To assist with the technical functions of dispensing prescriptions, assist as appropriate in the delivery of pharmacy services and participate in the maintenance and operations of the Pharmacy as described by the Pharmacy Standards of Practice, and to provide superior, timely, and pleasant service to customers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assess prescriptions for completeness
• Enter clients’ information and prescription details in databases
• Help pharmacists and other pharmacy staff with preparing, packaging and labelling of pharmaceutical products
• Assist in maintaining inventories of medications and pharmaceutical products
• Compound oral solutions, ointments and creams
• May process medical billing information
• May price and stock items on shelves.
• Pharmacy technical assistants usually require completion of up to two-years of a Pharmacy Technical Assistance vocational program.
• Pharmacy assistants usually require completion of a Pharmacy Assistant college program, ranging from six to twelve months or completion of secondary school and several months of on-the-job training.
• Grade 12 diploma
• Training will be provided
Submit resumes (2 References) , cover letters, Criminal Name Check, Child and Adult Abuse Registry Check (at your own expense) to:
Executive Assistant/Human Resource
Fisher River Economic Development Corporation
Ph: (204) 645-4505 Fax: (204) 645-4572 Email: [email protected]
Deadline to apply: Friday, September 22, 2023@ 4:30 pm
Successful Candidate will be subject to a pre-screening drug test (as per the FRCN Drug By-law 2004-01, Sec. 8.01 ). We thank all those who applied; however, applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.